Saturday, February 1, 2014

Photo journaling

Some photos from the past week:
I found these dried (dead) wildflowers (weeds) by the camper.  

I thought they were so pretty!  Reminded me of straw flowers.

The Roc loves his winter.

Rocco and his St. Bernard shadow

The sky really was that blue!  

A sweet faced junco

Here's a snow roller I lifted off the ground.

Finally-a snownut made from a snow roller.

A shined-up snake plant

Where's Rocco?

That tree again

We celebrated my mom's birthday on Sunday.  Here, she's getting out of the way so I can take a picture of her cheesecake.  She doesn't know I'm getting her in the pic too.  She's a stinker and doesn't like her picture taken.  She's 65 and looks wonderful so I don't understand!  So if you know my mom-shhhhhh don't tell her I put this pic on here.  (I added a picture of her as a little girl onto this original-I do love my comparisons!)

A skeletal leaf caught in a snow drift.
That's all for now-have a great week.  PS-I can't believe it's February already!

4 comments:

Rainey said...

Snownut! I love it!

Dawnie said...

I love your snownut! I want a bite! That Rocco is so darn adorable! Love his snowy pictures but love the sleeping one with the toy!! That blue sky is truly gorgeous! And I need to say that bird picture is just beautiful! I want a birdie print on canvas with a verse that I am too lazy to go get right now but I will e-mail it later although I would never be able to pick out my favorite bird picture; they are all so beautiful! Happy Birthday to your Mom. I won't nark you out!! Love your weeds too. Only you can find the beauty in things that aren't supposed to beautiful!!!

littlemancat said...

There's that artist's eye again, Holly! I noticed your beautiful new header pic this week and love it!
Love the blue sky and the blue shadows in the snow - and the pupper of course. Your mom looks great - she and I are of a "certain" age together- ha, ha! Cheers to her and to all.
Mary

Holly C. said...

Thanks, girls, for your lovely comments!